"An Eye for an Aye-Aye" Shot Progression

The cartoon I am making is called "An Eye for an Aye-Aye", I started it a few years back when I was studying animation. Recently I have started working on it again in my spare time and using as much freeware as I can to get it completed.

This sequence shows the development of one shot from the cartoon. It has an early pencil test, a more detailed pencil test, the digitally cleaned up line, the digitally coloured cel and the final composite. The linetests are actually from late 2007, whereas the clean up and colouring is from up to a few days ago. I hope you will excuse the lineboil and other little nitpicks and enjoy this little sequence.

This was cleaned up with a program called Pencil, All the colouring was done in GIMP and composited in WAX.

Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the comments, if all goes well my film should be complete by July, hopefully!
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your film. Your style is looking great, it's got a nice solid traditional feel to it, but at the same time you've really made it your own.
    Once again thanks! and good luck with your project.